Please read the suggestions below to prevent fraud initiated from a mobile device.
• Utilize the screen lock/auto-timeout function. This protects your device by requiring a password/passcode to unlock the device.
• Protect your device, never leave it unattended.
• Regularly back up your device.
• Do not store your financial information on the device.
• Keep your device software and applications up to date by installing the latest releases offered.
• Log out of your Mobile Banking Application when you are finished.
• Never use Public Un-Secured Wi-Fi to login to the InterBank app. Use only secure Wi-Fi.
• If your device is lost or stolen notify the bank as soon as possible.
• Password Security- Create a strong password that is not easily guessed. Keep your passwords secure. DO NOT use the same passwords for all apps. If you think your password has been compromised change it immediately.
• Utilize the Mobile/Online Banking Alerts. These can alert you to unusual activity and allows for timely protection. Keeping yourself alerted to what’s happening with your bank account greatly minimizes any surprises or unwanted activity with your funds.
• Use secure websites and applications. Only download apps from a reputable app store/developer.
• Always reset your phone to factory/default settings when trading it in, selling or giving it away.
• Be extremely cautious of links in texts and emails even if it appears they are coming from someone you know.
• Turn off Bluetooth when not in use.
InterBank will NEVER ask you for personal information through emails or texts. If you receive an email asking for information please contact your local branch by phone immediately. If you feel like your information has been compromised contact InterBank as soon as possible so steps can be taken to protect you.